( Miniumum 110 words and refrences for both discussions)
Which different types of outputs are possible (points, lines, polygons) when performing intersect and union?
What is the most important difference between a spatial join and a map overlay?
Case Study 7.1
Read “The Philly311 Project: The City of Brotherly Love Turns Problem into Opportunities” (see attached)
Please use this strategy when you analyze a case:
- Identify and write the main issues found discussed in the case (who, what, how, where and when (the critical facts in a case).
- List all indicators (including stated “problems”) that something is not as expected or as desired.
- Briefly analyze the issue with theories found in your textbook or other academic materials. Decide which ideas, models, and theories seem useful. Apply these conceptual tools to the situation. As new information is revealed, cycle back to sub steps a and b.
- Identify the areas that need improvement (use theories from your textbook)
- Specify and prioritize the criteria used to choose action alternatives.
- Discover or invent feasible action alternatives.
- Examine the probable consequences of action alternatives.
- Select a course of action.
- Design and implementation plan/schedule.
- Create a plan for assessing the action to be implemented.
- Conclusion (every paper should end with a strong conclusion or summary)
- 3–5 pages in length (excluding cover page, abstract, and reference list)