Please watch each YouTube video and then write a 200 word discussion based on the video and the questions that follow. I need it done in 12 hours or 10:30PM central.
Watch video and respond to the following questions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXlHKTPfLVA
This is a clip from the classic movie 12 Angry Men in which a jury deliberates the fate of a teenage boy accused of killing his father. Observe the group dynamics.
- How would you describe the jury’s group dynamics?
- How do the jurors respond when one man dominates the discussion?
- Do you think their response is effective in this case?
- Do you think it would it work well in other situations?
- Do you think the juror (played by Henry Fonda) who speaks about prejudice is an effective communicator? Why or why not?
- In your opinion, does the jury maximize the potential benefits of small group interactions? What leads you to that conclusion?
Watch video and answer the following questions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD440CY2Vs0
College student Vik Nithy urges peers to stop procrastinating
- Is this a good example of a persuasion presentation? Why or why not?
- Is the speaker making an argument of fact, value, or policy?
- Is this an example of direct or indirect persuasion?
- The ultimate goal of persuasion is behavior change. Will this talk change the way you behave? Why or why not?
- What techniques can we learn from this presentation?