Write a 4–5-page assessment in which you apply theories and concepts about prejudice, stereotypes, and groups to different points related to these topics.
Prejudice and stereotyping seem to be part of the human condition, and it is essential to examine how attitudes develop in order to change our behavior as individuals and as a society.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Apply social psychological research and theory to examine social perception, social interaction, and social influence.
- Examine how attitudes and behaviors of a group influence prejudice and stereotyping.
- Explain how membership in a group influences social judgment.
- Competency 3: Analyze social psychological theory and research to explain personal, professional, and social issues.
- Analyze how portrayal of ethnic, cultural, and social groups by the media influences social perception of the group and perpetuates stereotyping.
- Analyze how subtle stereotyping and cognitive dissonance can affect the ability to bring about social change.
- Competency 5: Examine controversial research studies in social psychology from an ethical standpoint.
- Describe ethical challenges researchers face when conducting research on controversial topics.
- Competency 6: Apply critical thinking skills to resolve conflicts and issues in the field of social psychology.
- Examine the implications and consequences for society of not addressing prejudice and stereotyping.
- Competency 7: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of psychology.
- Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a psychology professional.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Analyze how subtle stereotyping and cognitive dissonance can affect the ability to bring about social change. appeared first on Homework Handlers.
Analyze how subtle stereotyping and cognitive dissonance can affect the ability to bring about social change. was first posted on August 1, 2019 at 2:32 pm.
©2019 "Nursing Paper
Tutors". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Is this question exact or similar to yours? We can help! Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code "Newclient"