Write a 1,100-word answer to one of those questions.
1. Give two examples of scientific materialist explanations of religion. To what extent are such explanations useful in understanding religion? What aspects of religion might they miss?
2. In trying to understand the negative side of organized religion, some people have argued that religious violence is carried out when people misuse or misinterpret their religion. Others, however, argue that the widespread nature of religious violence suggests that religion itself may be the problem. Which view do you find more convincing? Why?
3. What is an indigenous religion? What are some major obstacles to understanding these religions?
4. Discuss the importance of the circle as a symbol for indigenous religions, using at least one specific example.
5. Why is Hinduism such a difficult term to define? Use examples from the text to illustrate the diversity of Hinduism.
6. What views of women are engendered by Hinduism? Explain.
7. Explain the concept of dukkha and its role in Buddhist teaching.
8. Compare and contrast some of the basic ideas of Theravada and Mahayana Buddhism.
The post Discuss the importance of the circle as a symbol for indigenous religions, using at least one specific example. appeared first on Homework Handlers.