Original Summary Will Be Attached)
Part 1: Research Paper Draft / Thesis Statement
Submit your 1st draft of your Research Paper and a Thesis statement of your objective in the first draft is to begin to organize your research around your working thesis, build a preliminary introduction, and to add transitional ideas and claims to your paragraphs. Aim to integrate your summaries by weaving them into the body of your paper showing your readers how they relate to your thesis statement.
Use the outlining guidelines in the U of Maryland video, or look carefully at WR, Sec. C1- d, “Draft a Plan” and C-2-a, “Drafting” to get you started.
Your 1st draft should be 4-5 pages in length. No APA style is needed in this 1st draft, but do attempt to include signal phrases when introducing quote or summarize material.
Part 2: Final Paper
Research Paper: General Directions
1. Length: 7-8 pages (not including References page, 12-point character, double-spaced.
2.Your essay develops a suitable topic for academic research, one that allows for multiple avenues of inquiry.
3. Format: Your essay will use the APA documentation style for this research. It should include a References page at the end of your paper, and in-text citations in the body of essay to acknowledge summaries and direct quotations. You should include an Abstract on a separate page before the body of your paper. Please follow the guidelines in WR: APA-5b, where you will find a manuscript format of a model APA research paper.
4. Research: Your essay must include at least 5 sources, primarily articles or websites or online articles. No books are required, but they are optional. 3 of those sources MUST BE SCHOLARLY ARTICLES retrieved from the databases at Barry University or other university library. The other 2 sources should come from reliable venues such as government sites, organization sites, articles from professional websites, trade magazines, professional journals, or national newspapers. Again, WR, R3, Evaluating Sources, can guide you in terms of suitability.
5. Analysis: Your essay should develop an original idea by identifying patterns and defining key terms, as well as include analytical summaries of secondary sources unified by strong arrangement and carefully crafted claims.
6. Structure: Your essay should develop ideas in a logical and coherent hierarchy and present an evolving thesis statement with ample development of claims.
7. Standard English: Your essay employs Standard English syntax and style using advanced sentence construction and variety, consistency of tone and voice, the use of active verbs, and the balancing of concrete detail with abstract concepts.
8. Process: Your final essay incorporates substantial changes prompted by self- assessment, peer review, and faculty feedback on prior drafts and assignments.
Part 3: Power Point Presentation
Please upload a brief Power Point presentation of your Research Paper highlights. Your presentation should be 6 slides in total and include:
1. A Title/Cover Page: Page 1.
2. Your Abstract: Page 2.
3. Highlights of your findings/arguments: 2 Pages of Bullet Points/Charts/Figures.
4. Some Conclusions/Implications. Page 5.
5. Your References List in APA documentation style.
The post Module 5,6,7 Assignment: Paper;Research Paper: General Directions 1. Length: 7-8 pages (not including References page, 12-point character, double-spaced. 2.Your essay develops a suitable topic for academic research, one that allows for multiple avenue appeared first on mynursinghomeworks.
The post Module 5,6,7 Assignment: Paper;Research Paper: General Directions 1. Length: 7-8 pages (not including References page, 12-point character, double-spaced. 2.Your essay develops a suitable topic for academic research, one that allows for multiple avenue appeared first on My Nursing Homeworks.