ABC/123 Version X
|Week 4 Assignment Worksheet
PSY/203 Version 1
University of Phoenix Material
Complete the following table.
|Theorists||Main tenets of theory||Unique contributions||Limitations|
|Freud||Stressed the importance of early childhood events, the influence of the unconscious and sexual instincts in the development and formation of personality.||Mental Energy
In Freuds view:
1. All mental energy was derived from the body.
2. Humans only have a limited amount of energy.
3. There is causation for all human behavior.
4. The goal of human behavior is tension-reduction.
|as his subjects were mostly Viennese upper-class women; a considerably small portion of human society. Therefore, the data he collected to support his theories would have a large margin of error. Also, one had to take in mind the influence of this historical context on Freud’s own mindset; certainly the Victorian ethics and general European attitude distorted his views on psychology and the human mind.|
|Jung||Focused on concepts such as the collective unconscious, archetypes and psychological types.|
|Adler||Believed the core motive behind personality involves striving for superiority, or the desire to overcome challenges and move closer|
Match the example with the appropriate defense mechanism.
1. H A woman is involved in a car accident that left her paralyzed from the waist down, but she cannot remember any details of the accident.
2. G Taking a test makes me nervous, so I bite my nails.
3. A My boss yelled at me at work today and it made me very upset. I went home and ended up yelling at my spouse that night.
4. F Even though I drink alcohol every day, I am not an alcoholic.
5. E I hate Alex, but I am overly nice and friendly when interacting with him at work.
6. B I broke up with my boyfriend, but I am fine with it because he was a loser anyway.
7. C_I am convinced that my husband is cheating on me, even though I am the one who frequently thinks about cheating on him.
8. D_I am very frustrated at work and just want to scream, but instead I go to the gym and work out my frustration on the treadmill.
H. Reaction Formation
Fill in the appropriate psychosexual stage for the following descriptions.
1. The ______ stage focuses on mature sexual relationships.
2. A 3rd grader still sucks their thumb. They may have a(n) _______ fixation.
3. An adult who exhibits a lack of self-discipline and messiness may have struggled with toilet training. This person may have experienced difficulty in the ________ stage.
4. A child tends to prefer the parent of the opposite sex and views the same-sex parent as a threat. This conflict occurs in the _______ stage
5. Children tend to focus on peer relationships with same-sex friends and other nonsexual activities. This behavior occurs in the _______ stage.
Consider the following scenario:
You have unexpectedly lost your job due to layoffs at your company. You are the sole provider of income for your family. You are worried about how you will pay your bills and support your family during this time.
Write 150 to 200 words describing how stress can affect you physically and mentally, and which coping strategies you may use to work through this situation.
Copyright © XXXX by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2013 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
The post Week 4 Assignment Worksheet Psychodynamic Theories appeared first on Infinitessays.org.
The post Week 4 Assignment Worksheet Psychodynamic Theories appeared first on Homework Handlers.