The writing assignment should be a minimum of 500 words. You should find most of the information you need to complete the assignment in the chapter, but you are allowed to use outside sources as well (such as news articles or government websites). DO NOT simply copy the information word for word from your sources. If you use information directly from the textbook or another source, it should be cited and the properly formatted citation should be provided at the end of the assignment. All assignments will be analyzed with SafeAssign to identify possible plagiarism.
Read Chapter 1 in the textbook, including “You Decide: Voices of Texas: Immigration in Texas,” and write an essay that addresses the following questions:
· How is the population changing in Texas?
· What are some of the possible political implications of the changing population in Texas?
· After reading the “You Decide” passage, do you agree with Dan Patrick or Julian Castro? Should undocumented immigrants be given a pathway to citizenship or be sent back to their country of origin?
· What are the pros and cons of illegal immigration in regards to both the U.S. and Texas economies? Consider how illegal immigrants have positively or negatively affected the economy.
· Do you believe compromise is possible on immigration? Are the only two options deportations and amnesty? Is there a third option?
· What role should the state of Texas play in the immigration policy?
The post What are the pros and cons of illegal immigration in regards to both the U.S. and Texas economies? appeared first on Uni Essay Writers.