Analyze the political changes in society and the impact of correctional rationales on correctional practice; include how special interest groups and the current intolerance for criminals have forged correctional philosophies.August 22, 2019
Discuss two exceptions to the exclusionary rule.August 22, 2019
Mechanisms of Accountability
Note: In Week 5, the Application Assignment is to be completed before the Discussion question.
Congress, the president, and the courts have developed mechanisms of accountability used in the oversight of rulemaking. Congress and the president have a vested interest in the oversight of rulemaking because they want to ensure that statutes are carried out the way they intended. Courts, on the other hand, engage in the oversight in rulemaking to ensure that the rules the agency creates and enforces are constitutional. Given that each branch performs oversight differently by using different mechanisms of accountability, the question of which branch, and more specifically, which mechanism, is most effective arises. In this assignment, you become familiar with the mechanisms of accountability and reflect on which are most effective in the oversight of rulemaking.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Review Chapter 6 in Rulemaking: How Government Agencies Write Law and Make Policy. Pay attention to the mechanisms of accountability used by the three branches of government in the oversight of rulemaking.
- Select one mechanism used by each branch of the government in the oversight of rulemaking.
- Consider the similarities and differences between and among the mechanisms you selected.
- Select two mechanisms from the readings that you think are most effective in the oversight of rulemaking and consider why.
The assignment (1–2 pages):
- Compare (similarities and differences) the mechanisms of accountability you selected.
- Briefly describe the two mechanisms you think are most effective in the oversight of rulemaking and explain why. Be specific.
- Explain at least one insight you had or conclusion you drew about the mechanisms of accountability as a result of completing this assignment.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Briefly describe the two mechanisms you think are most effective in the oversight of rulemaking and explain why. Be specific. appeared first on Homework Handlers.
Briefly describe the two mechanisms you think are most effective in the oversight of rulemaking and explain why. Be specific. was first posted on August 22, 2019 at 7:11 am.
©2019 "Nursing Paper
Tutors". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Is this question exact or similar to yours? We can help! Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code "Newclient"