Goal: Compile an annotated bibliography. Your bibliography should be based on the Weekly Article Summary related to clinical practice from week 1 through week 6 and should include the following:
1. a template to document useful data.
2. a brief overview of each article, including the research type, major findings, and conclusions.
3. a description of relevance of each article for clinical practice.
● The bibliography should be original and logically organized.
● The bibliography should follow current APA format for citing and documenting references.
● The bibliography should be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation and misspelling.
● Incorporate a minimum of 3 current (published within last five years) references from peer-reviewed journals.
● LoBiondo-Wood, G. & Haber, J. (2014).
○ Chapter 21
Online Materials & Resources
● Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website and locate the articles below:
○ Owens, L.D., Koch, R.W. (2015). Understanding quality patient care and the role of the practicing nurse. Nursing Clinics of North America, 50(1), 33-43.
○ Mercurio, P., Ellis, A.S., Schoettker, P.J., Stone, R., Lenk, M.A., Ryckman, F.C. (2014). Using improvement science methods to increase accuracy of surgical consents. AORN Journal, 100(1), 42-53.
● Explore/View the website(s) below:
Institute for Healthcare Improvement. (2019). How to improve. http://www.ihi.org/resources/Pages/HowtoImprove/default.aspx
○ Quality Improvement.pdf
Hughes RG. (2008). Chapter 44: Tools and strategies for quality improvement and patient safety. In Patient Safety and Quality: An Evidence-Based Handbook for Nurses, Hughes RG, editor. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK2682/