Conduct research and compare two companies’ financial statements.
(Adapted from CT9-4, A, B, and C in Survey of Accounting.)
Complete the following steps:
1. Home Depot and Lowes two competing companies
2. Go to the address below:
3. Type in the first company’s stock symbol or name. (Use “symbol lookup”.)
4. Under the “Fundamentals” heading, use the Growth, Profitability, Financial health, Price ratios, and Management effectiveness tabs to respond to the requirements below.
5. Enter the second company’s stock symbol or name, and repeat the process.
6. Write a 750–1,000-word report that provides an evaluation of the liquidity, solvency and profitability for each company, relative to each other and to industry averages.
**Be sure to cite three-five relevant sources in support of your content.**
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is not required.