Topic: Top Manager Skills Memo
Format/Length: 2-3 pages| APA Format | MUST REFERENCE 3-4 COURSE RESOURCES
Due: Friday, December 3, 2021
Info: Please see below the detailed assignment instructions and attached the case study and course resources.
A good manager relies on the feedback of others to gain insight into projects, decisions, and personal issues. Dwight knows that without personal reflection on the feedback given to you it is not likely to encourage improvement. If for example, Jane says to you, “your need for speed in making this decision is clouding your chances of making better choices.” and your immediate response was, “you may be right but speed is more important this time.” and you do not go back later to reflect on the position you took with Jane you will likely make the same mistakes again. Reflect on how it all worked or did not for you and why you will teach valuable ideas from the experience. These ideas will make the same experience going forward easier to comprehend and better respond. This technique is used in the military, law enforcement, and first responders and is often referred to as debriefing. Self-reflection is your personal debriefing step.
Being the last week of the course Dwight is anxious to see how you go about “debriefing” the course material.
· To this end, Dwight would like you to prepare a personal memo to Ike and himself explaining why you possess the skills of a contemporary manager. The memo should include the following:
· Justify five of the ten skills presented by Dwight for EC as the top five you feel are most important today’s managers. Include an analysis of the chosen skills needed in the business environment of today as well as trends for the wheelchair industry.
· Identify three skills that Dwight and Ike left off the list and explain why they should include them.
· Of the eight skills chosen above, select two that you believe are skills that need more development for you and two that represent your strengths. Explain the reasoning behind your choices.
· You must use course material to support your responses and APA in-text citations with a reference list.