Recent history illustrates that bullying is a growing problem among today’s youth in the United States. Amanda Todd, for example, was only 15-year old when she committed suicide after being bullied by her peers for over a year.
In this assignment, you will discuss bullying cases, strategies to mitigate the effects of bullying and the effectiveness of bullying prevention programs.
To prepare for this assignment, consider the following resources:
Write a 2–3 page paper in which you:
- Describe at least two types of bullying to which Amanda Todd was subjected.
- Identify at least three consequences that Amanda Todd experienced as a result of being bullied, and discuss her attempts to deal with them.
- Recommend two strategies that you believe Amanda’s parents, teachers, and authorities could have used in order to reduce episodes of bullying of Amanda and thus prevent Amanda’s suicide.
- Compare at least two similarities and two differences between the bullying cases that take place today with those cases that took place when you attended high school.
- Explain the key contributing factors that you believe led to bullying behaviors. Next, suggest at least three ways in which prevention programs can reduce bullying cases overall.
- Use at least two quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Discuss bullying cases, strategies to mitigate the effects of bullying, and the effectiveness of bullying prevention programs.