1, Select a work of art of Leonardo DaVinci “ The last super” and write a response that analyzes the art through the lens of a descriptive critic, an interpretive critic, and an evaluative critic. What different things would these critics have to say? Use the following guidelines:
· Descriptive Critic: Address at least 3 different elements of art and/or principles of design.
· Interpretive Critic: This will require research so that you can understand the subject, meaning, and intent of the work.
Evaluative Critic: Use the standards of perfection, insight, and inexhaustibility (as described in the text).
As part of the discussion t, you made a brief exploration of a work of art “the last super”to understand its subject, meaning, and intent. In this assignment, you will explore an artwork in more depth to consider the context in which it was created. Choose any painting, and address the following:
· Explain the artistic movement associated with the work of art.
· Describe the style of the artist (How is the artist unique within the movement?)
· Examine in some depth the influences that shaped the work. Address at least 2 of the following:
oCross-disciplinary influences such as literature, philosophy, music, science, technology, etc.
· Reflect on your learning.
oHow did your research enhance your appreciation of the artwork?
oHow does understanding the context of a work help in interpreting it?
Include the following in your paper:
· Name of the painting
· Name of the artist
· Date created
· Image of the painting
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page, references page, image, or caption for artwork)
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
· Title page
· References page (minimum of 3 scholarly sources)