Choose one of the questions to write to write an essay about
Remember there is a minimum of 350+ words for your essay. Not including the title, etc.
Video link https://youtu.be/CX4KuIBmnjI
Cave Painting (I recommend you make this video full screen)
This video is a 360-degree image of the cave. Use your mouse to move within the three-dimensional space to see the entire cave inside. It may take you a few seconds to find your way around. Be patient, you will discover in the animation some very interesting images and facts.
- When writing your short essay try to address some of the questions below. ENJOY
- Who discovers the dark cave.
- What do the images tell us about the human mind and their creators?
- What are the natural material early artists use to create the images?
- Explain what many of the images represented.
- What do most of the images portray?
- Why did they create this art?
- Do you consider these cave paintings to be “primitive?” Do they challenge your idea of what prehistoric minds and lives were like?
An” illuminated manuscript” is a book written and decorated completely by hand. After watching the video “Making Manuscripts from the Getty Museum” explain the process.
- Video link https://youtu.be/nuNfdHNTv9o
- Ch:17 “The unheard story behind the Sistine Chapel”
Five hundred years after the artist painted it, says Lev, the Sistine Chapel forces us to look around as if it were a mirror and ask, “Who am I, and what role do I play in this great theater of life?”
While watching this video I what you think about the questions below and look for some answers.
Here are some concepts she will mention in the video:
- It attracts 5 million people a year from all different backgrounds, why?
- What are the three stages of evolution she discusses?
- What were the original decorations of the church?
- Who commissioned the Florentine art in the walls of the church and what did the images represent?
- Why did Michelangelo not like painting just 12 apostles?
- What was Michelangelo story?
- What was the encounter between Julius II and Michelangelo?
- What was the idea behind the term the speaker used, “Storytelling went global”?
- How does Michelangelo represent light and dark?
- Michelangelo throws us a curveball. Who is on the other arm of the creator?
- Why is this important in the content of the painting? What is the new destination in the painting?
- How does Michelangelo speak to the “new world”?
- How does Michelangelo display human unity and the ability to overcome adversity?
- A” stew of nudes” was a common complaint of the paintings in the Sistine Chapel. Why was the painting labeled pornography?
The video link https://youtu.be/lQflBowgVB4
After watching the video “Do You Know why the Sistine Chapel was Artrageous? | Art History Lesson
Write a short essay answering the question -Do You Know why the Sistine Chapel was Artrageous?
The video link https://youtu.be/NadMZ-P93Ms