Create an 8 slide PPT, or some other presentation, that accomplishes the following:
- Chose some ethical issue you feel is important (abortion, gun control, climate change, eating meat, anything that can be considered a moral matter – if you are unsure, be sure to clear with your instructor)
- Present research on the situation being sure to clearly discuss both sides, as much as possible. Some conundrums will have much more weight on one side than the other such as climate change.
- Reiterate the primary theories contained in your moral compass from week 3 and then explain the position on this issue your compass promotes.
- Include a proper references/works cited slide (APA or MLA).
For example, say you want to address gender-neutral bathrooms in public buildings. First, present some research from sources promoting that they should exist and from sources promoting they should not. Then reiterate the components of your moral compass as stated in the week three paper. Note, your compass may have evolved and if so, work in the new components. Finally, state your position clearly (they should or should not exist) and how your compass justifies that position.
Keep in mind, please:
- Proper PPTs have bullets on the slide that are explained in the notes section.
- If you intend to narrate the presentation be sure to include the transcript in the notes section.
- Keep the viewer in mind (teacher). While you might work hard on a 20 minute presentation, few faculty members have the time to watch or listen to it.
- Just like papers, clear citations must appear on the slide or in the notes to justify listing it as a reference.