Think of an organization you have worked for or one with which you are very familiar. Diagnose the need for change and present a plan to transform the organization, utilizing Kotter’s 8-Step Approach.
You will need to research the Kotter 8 Step Change Model extensively. You are encouraged to first review this article Links to an external site.. (Article to review is from this website.. Management is a Journey.com Article is Kotter’s Eight Step Leading Change Model https://managementisajourney.com/summary-of-kotters-eight-step-leading-change-model/)
You may select any organization or department where you work or where you have previously worked; however, you are strongly encouraged to diagnose one problem area in the company. Attempting to diagnose an entire company is not feasible, and you will become bogged down.
If you choose a company similar to Walmart to analyze, select just one area that you think needs improvement. For example, Walmart is now very strong in online shopping, yet there are still glitches in the system. Delivery times are often late, the packaging method has problems, and some products come from unknown vendors that Walmart does not guarantee. We may know this from personal experience, but that is not enough. Statements, opinions, and experiences must be supported with valid sources. There are many articles online that you can review easily and quickly.
Your sources for this paper must include research for the company you choose, a valid source for the Kotter model, and your textbook. You are encouraged to read as many articles as you can find and contact the Ashford librarians for guidance. There is bias, missing or incorrect information, and contradictory material in most Internet material. The amount of material can be confusing, but wade through it and question everything.
Include the following sections headings and additional sections as needed:
- Company Overview
- Kotter’s 8-Step Approach
The Final Paper for the course must be submitted to the instructor by 11:59 p.m. of the time zone in which you reside on the last day of the class.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight- to- ten double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a title page that includes:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide