This hands-on guide demonstrates how to conduct “Footprinting of a network” The best way to ensure your infrastructure is secure is to understand the steps an intruder may use to footprint a reconnaissance a network.
Choose one of the below paths Easy or Hard provide screenshots and a summary of your findings, “If you do both, you will receive extra credit.”
This exercise is exploratory (no right or wrong answer)
GUI – Easy
- Go through the text records (A, AAAA, CNAME, MX, NS, PTR, SRV, SOA, TXT, CAA) In a word document copy and paste the information (Blue Text) of all the Text Record information
3. Use Command Prompt: Run Traceroute on www.motionborg.com to get more details see document here
4. Use Command Prompt to Use nslookup see document here
- Is the site www.motionborg.com secure with SSL? is the site vulnerable to script injection attacks?
- Look at the source code does anything stand out to you?
- What did you find out about the network?
- Are other networks connected to it?
- Is it a Linux or Windows server
- Based on your findings what are some vulnerabilities
Note: It is really easy to get stuck in the Matrix, do not dive to in-depth – just the surface of gathering information.