HI300-6: Describe the use of electronic health records in patient care.
For this Assignment you will discuss your experience using a Web-based EHR. You will design and construct a Microsoft PowerPoint® presentation that will be presented in a training session for new HIT students coming into your facility. Please include the following topics in your presentation:
- Describe your experience with the Web-based EHR.
- Discuss the possible challenges one would face to convince healthcare providers to use this type of EHR.
- What features did you see in the EHR that were helpful?
- How could other facilities benefit from these features?
- What impressed you about the Web-based EHR?
Please dedicate a minimum of three slides to each topic. Your presentation must have at least 15-20 slides.
This Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.). Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful. The resources used (including your text) should be properly cited.
Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation (approximately 15-20 slides), and include title and reference slides.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a title slide;
- be appropriately spaced
- use a neutral-style font (such as Ariel, Times New Roman, etc.);
- include correct citations;
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references on the last slide.
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University Honor Code, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.