For this paper you are to compare and contrast two criminology theories (you pick the criminology theories) and evaluate how these theories helped establish police patrol procedures and other strategies for crime prevention. The purpose of this assignment is for each student to demonstrate orginal critical thinking on criminology theories, the published scholarly literature, and how you can apply criminological theories to help address a real-world problem.
MRJ501 Paper Requirements Checklist
– All papers must be AT LEAST 10 pages of written text (you may not go under, but may go over) – this DOES NOT includes title page, references, charts, images, and any appendices (appendices are not required).
– VERY IMPORTANT: All papers must be 100% original work for this class. The discovery of previous work being used as part of your paper will be treated as plagiarism. You cannot reuse papers submitted for previous courses. There is no double dipping of papers allowed at the University. All submitted work must be fresh. If you choose to use previous work, on a limited basis, you must quote the material per APA 7th edition standards, and use it very sparingly. Please police yourself accordingly as questionable Turn It In results will have an adverse impact on your score and may result in the forwarding of the work to the Dean’s Office as a matter of University protocol.
– All papers must be typed and DOUBLE-SPACED.
– All papers must use 12 point Times New Roman font, with 1″ margins all around (top, bottom, and sides)
– All papers must have page numbers (excluding the cover page) in the top right-hand corner of each page
– All papers must use APA 7th edition format for citations and references
– All papers must have a minimum of five (5) different acceptable academic sources
– Only the following are considered acceptable academic sources:
1. Peer-reviewed journal articles (online or hard copy)
2. The readings/articles in the content section may be used
3. U.S. Government publications. You cannot use all government documents, you must use at least three peer reviewed sources as part of your five.
– Title, save, and upload your papers to the Assignments Folder as a word.doc only
– Papers that fall short of minimum length will have a max point award related to the % of the paper they actually submit. For example the max possible for a paper that is 50% short of the minimum length will be 50%.
Note: This Assignment is directly connected to the following Course Objectives:
CO1: Analyze the main assumptions of prominent theories within criminology
to current topics within the criminal justice arena
CO3: Judge the impact of criminological theory and research on social policy.