In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competency:
- COM-30168: Determine appropriate methods to monitor and communicate the status of a project
You are in the tenth week of the XYZ Business Workflow project, and things haven’t quite gone according to plan. At the end of the requirements analysis phase, your team told you that:
- Feature 2 (F2) development is more complex than thought initially. It will take at least 10 workweeks to be complete.
- Feature Customization 3 (C3) will take close to five workweeks.
- The complete system testing will take a minimum of one-and-a-half weeks due to the complexity of the systems involved.
You made some necessary resource and schedule adjustments in your plan and obtained stakeholder approval for the same.
However, due to delays in getting client approvals, UI design and development took one week more than estimated, which has now pushed all dependent tasks out by a week. Moreover, a resource availability issue has added three days to the Feature 1 development effort.
You are scheduled to present a project status report at the end of the week at a stakeholders’ meeting that will include the client’s representatives.
Project Status Report
Create a presentation for stakeholders describing relevant aspects of the current project status. Your presentation must include the following: original and current project schedule, current project status, updated risk register, and any other relevant project information you believe the stakeholders need to know. You can use any project management software (PMS) tool to create and update the project schedule and status. However, remember to choose a tool that will help you complete all parts of the project, like the Gantt chart.
Specifically, your presentation must include the following:
- General project information
- Project goal and objectives
- Team information
- Initial schedule with milestones and end dates
- Current project status
- Gantt chart that shows the project’s progress and current schedule
- Updated risk/issues register that shows:
- Status of risks from the project planning phase including whether and how they have affected the project plan and schedule so far
- Any issues facing the team currently and how you are managing them
- Any new potential risks and proposed mitigation
- Project summary
- Updated milestone and end dates
- Action items to ensure the project stays on track
What to Submit
To complete this project, you must submit the following:
Project Status Report
Create a presentation of 8 to 12 slides to share the project status report at a stakeholders’ meeting. The presentation should include the basic project information, current project status, updated risks and issues, and a project summary.
The following resources may help support your work on the project:
Document: XYZ Business Workflow Resource and Effort Estimates
This document provides the initial resource and effort estimate for the project