Securing company data is not as simple as backing up to another hard drive. It is important to have backup tools, processes, and policies for both business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
In the final section of your playbook, create a 3- to 4-page outline of backup policies for when the data center is inaccessible.
Include the following in your outline:
- A list of tools used for backup purposes
- An explanation of the following:
- Where employees should work from that day
- How employees can get to their data
- The communication methods about updates
- A step-by-step guide to recover your databases and telecommunications
- A step-by-step guide to recover and provide any additional company assets
- A description of policies for backup media storage
- A description of policies for encryption of backup data
Note: Numbered or bulleted steps/guidelines make the document easy to for others to follow under potential stressful situations. Paragraphs can be used to help support the steps/guidelines.
Cite at least two resources within the assignment in APA format.