For this assignment, you may either invent and describe a company or describe a company for which you work. Develop a 1-page memo in which you describe for your current employees a community outreach program that your company is going to begin sponsoring and running as well as an annual festival that will be related directly to your community outreach program. The community outreach program and festival can be invented or currently in existence.
Include 1 paragraph on each of the following:
- Your business
- Provide a 1-paragraph description of your business and its mission along with how this particular community outreach program relates directly to that mission and will serve constituents relevant to your business.
- Your community outreach program
- Provide a 1-paragraph overview of what this community outreach program will look like and what needs it has been developed to serve, including the targeted audience of this program. This program might help needy families, those serving in the military or those supporting military members, college students, people moving toward valuable vocational degrees, at-risk youth, people involved in environmental causes, or someone else deserving of assistance.
- The festival you sponsor and run for your outreach program
- Provide a 1-paragraph description of the annual festival that your business will sponsor to raise funds for your community outreach program. Be sure to include specific details, such as when it will be hosted, where, and the target audience that will be invited to the festival. Be realistic and practical in this regard. Consider only useful, altruistic activities that serve a community in a sensible manner.
Unit 1 Individual Project Grading Criteria
Includes 1 paragraph that describes the business and its mission and explains how the selected outreach program and annual festival align with the company’s mission
Includes a 1-paragraph overview of what the selected community outreach program will look like and what needs it has been developed to serve
Includes a 1-paragraph description of the annual festival that the business will sponsor, with specific details on that festival
Utilizes professional and consistent formatting, including font and spacing, according to the conventions of a business memo
Utilizes appropriate grammar and spelling
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.