Watch the video then answer the questions listed below.
Protestant Reformation: World History 2 Crash Course #218
1. Before the Reformation, pretty much all Christians in Europe were ________________________________.
2. During the European ________________________, the Catholic Church really dominated European civilization.
3. What elements demonstrate the power of the Church in the Middle Ages?
4. Martin Luther’s new interpretation of “____________________” grew into a full-scale conflict with the Catholic Church when a friar named John Tetzel came to Wittenberg, selling _____________________. This was a ________________ to the Church that came with a promise from the Pope to reduce a sinner’s time in __________________.
5. In response, Luther wrote _____________________ against indulgences and then dramatically ____________ them to the Church door for all to see on October 31, 1517. He ultimately denied that the church and the officers of it had any ____________________________________.
6. How did the printing press help Luther’s criticism become more influential?
7. What were some of the new denominations that spun-off of Luther’s ideas?
8. With all these new denominations, there were years of ________________________________.
9. The __________________________________________________________, the biggest revolutionary uprising in Europe before the French Revolution was suppressed with crushing brutality; an estimated ________________ people were killed.
10. What was the incentive for princes and kings to break with the Pope?
11. In the end, the Reformation was both a ______________movement and a ___________________ one.
Here is a link to the video ………. https://youtu.be/1o8oIELbNxE